Position: CAD Draftsman
Compensation: Salary between $60k – $80k
Location: Chicago, IL
We create innovative and award-winning trade show exhibits and commercial interiors. To build on our successes, and ensure the highest of quality, our CAD Draftsman must be able to create accurate shop plans and assembly instructions to help the Production Department perform at their best. This position is also responsible for improving product quality while decreasing costs and production times by finding better materials and production methods. Best part is, we’re a true custom exhibit house, so you’ll always find new and different projects to be a part of.
- Responsible for the gathering of all information related to project construction
- Create new and update existing Design/Build project drawings including floor plans, carpet layouts, utility locations and specifications, furnishings, specialty items, graphics, general properties layout and any other necessary layouts associated with show service ordering
- Creates all fabrication and set up drawings
- Assists the Project/Account Mangers with other project drawing responsibilities
- Ensures construction methods match the estimate or seeks improvements through value engineering
- Maintains own project files and stores for future reference
- Ensures project safety and quality standards are upheld
- Makes field revisions to set-up drawings and floor plan drawings, as required
- Responsible for maintaining project schedule as determine by the Project Manager
- Research new building products or methods as needed
- Assists Project Mangers as needed
- Performs any other duties or tasks that may be assigned, from time to time, by the Production Manager
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3-4 years detailing experience in the Trade show Industry.
- General knowledge of construction, carpentry, joinery, extension systems, and finishing processes.
- Ability to engineer construction drawings from design sketches.
- Experience with AUTOCAD & MS Office software
Benefits And Offerings
- Medical Insurance – Our company fully funds the employee’s HSA Account Option!
- HSA with company contribution
- Dental & Vision Insurance – employee coverage fully funded
- Simple IRA retirement account with company match
- PTO and paid holidays
- Hybrid work options for experienced candidates
- Travel stipend for in-office employees
If you feel that you are qualified and you are interested in applying, please email your resume.