“Adapt to what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is specifically your own”
As experiential and event marketing agencies pivot to virtual platforms for conferences, trade shows, and even brand experiences, there is a demand for virtual brand ambassadors and event staff. From chat room and social media monitors to event moderators and presentation coordinators, there are a plethora of virtual event roles that may be right up your ally. Here, we’ll provide you with some tips that will help prepare you for landing one of these coveted roles.
Virtual Brand Ambassador and Event Staff Roles: What to Expect
- Understandably, clients will need to see how you speak and present on-camera. With that said, it’s important that you add a brief intro video of yourself to all of your event staffing agency profiles. You’ll also want to have a link to your video to share with your agency rep via email.
- Adjust your resume, cover letter, and agency profiles to reflect any experience or skills that you have that correlate with virtual events. Examples include social media experience in a professional setting, written communication skills, on-camera experience, IT knowledge, and so forth.
- As a virtual brand ambassador, you will need a high-speed internet connection, headset, webcam, and microphone.
- Be prepared to interview via video conferencing with your event staffing agency.
- Virtual events require a different skill set than in-person events. Of course, clients will be looking for friendly and engaging brand ambassadors, but they will also need people who have amazing communication skills and technical skills. More than likely, a skills test will be given to ensure that you have the right skills and experience for the role.
- Understand if hired you may have to participate in virtual event rehearsals. With so many technicalities involved, event organizers will need to rehearse prior to going live to ensure that the event goes off without a hitch.
- Because of all the pre-planning that goes into a virtual event, it’s important that you commit to your role and the event.
Adapting to a virtual event space is challenging for everyone, but it’s something that we’re all figuring out and it’s apparent that virtual event staff play a huge role in the success of digital events.
ATN is always looking for rock star brand ambassadors to join our team! If you would like to receive event job announcements, create an ATN talent profile today!